eggs – 6
3 – Onion, chopped (1 Onion to be chopped very fine)
Green chilli paste – 1tsp Ginger Garlic paste – 1 to 1.5 tsp
Red Chilli powder – 1 to 1.5 tsp
Cloves – 2
elachi – 2
Cinnamon – 1″stick
Khus Khus paste – 1tsp
Coconut scrapings – 1tbsp
chopped Coriander leaves – 1tbsp
Dhania powder – 1tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1tsp
Haldi – 1/4 tsp
oil – 2 tbsp
1. Heat 2 tsp of oil. Add finely chopped onion and chilli paste. Fry till onion is light brown, add salt. Remove and cool.
2. Break eggs in a bowl, add the onion chilli mix. Whisk well.
3. Pour a ladle of whisked egg on a non-stick pan, spread. Sprinkle few drops of oil. Let it cook for few seconds, slowly fold it like spring roll (do not turn it).
4. Cut the roll into 3 to 4 bricks. Gently press each piece with the back of spoon.
5. Fry it on both sides so that inside is also cooked. Make use of all the egg mixture. Keep aside.
Preparation of gravy:
1. Heat remaining oil; add elachi, cinnamon, cloves, chopped onion pieces and fry.
2. Add ginger garlic paste fry till raw smell disappears. Add dhania powder, red chilli powder, haldi and garam masala powder.
3. Fry for 1 to 2 min. Add paste of coconut and khuskhus along with 1/2 cup of water and salt. Let it boil for 1 to 2 min.
4. Reduce heat and drop the omelette pieces into the gravy slowly. Stir gently. Let it simmer for few seconds.
5. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and remove from heat. Can be served with chappathi, puri or even with plain rice or fried rice.